VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT - Human Resources Assistant
Job title: HR assistant.
Job location: Garowe Puntland –Somalia.
Time in: 8:00 AM.
Time out: 2:00 PM.
Regular /temporary: Temporary.
Duration: Quarterly (3 months). Renewal
Y-PEER is here by looking for a “HR assistant” that involves a wide range of support activities inside Y-PEER HR department, from coordinating meetings to maintaining our employee database to posting job ads. An important part of your role will be to act as the liaison between HR and employees, ensuring smooth communication and prompt resolution of requests and questions. You’ll also assist in creating policies, processes and documents.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties.
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to Human Resources executives.
- Compile and update employee records (hard and soft copies).
- Process documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel activities (staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations & etc).
- Coordinate HR projects (meetings, training, surveys etc) and take minutes.
- Deal with employee requests regarding human resources issues, rules, and regulations.
- Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data (absences, bonus, leaves, & etc)
- Communicate with public services when necessary.
- Properly handle complaints and grievance procedures.
- Coordinate communication with candidates and schedule interviews.
- Conduct initial orientation to newly hired employees.
- Assist our recruiters to source candidates and update database.
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment.
- Self-development, initiative-taking.
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work.
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively.
- Creating synergy through self-control;
- Managing conflict;
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others.
- Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff.
- Informed and transparent decision making.
- Proven experience as an HR Assistant, Staff Assistant or relevant human resources/administrative position.
- Fast computer typing skills (MS Office, in particular).
- Hands-on experience with an HRM.
- Basic knowledge of labor laws.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong communications skills.
- Degree in Human Resources or related field.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit their Cover Letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 20-Septemper-2020 (11:59 PM).
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Y-PEER Puntland is committed to achieving workforce diversity and inclusion in terms of gender. Y-PEER Puntland does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.