VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT - Procurement Assistant
Job title: Procurement assistant.
Job location: Garowe Punt land –Somalia.
Time in: 8:00 AM.
Time out: 2:00 PM.
Regular /temporary: Temporary.
Duration: Quarterly (3 months). Renewal
Y-PEER is here by looking for a “Procurement assistant” to order supplies and equipment based on Y-PEER organizational needs.
Procurement assistant responsibilities include researching new vendors, tracking deliveries and updating order records (e.g. dates invoices and discounts.) If you’re familiar with supply chain procedures and know how to create and translate cost analyses.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Monitor stock levels and identify purchasing needs.
- Research potential vendors.
- Track orders and ensure timely delivery.
- Update internal databases with order details (dates, vendors, quantities, discounts)
- Conduct market research to identify pricing trends.
- Evaluate offers from vendors and negotiate better prices.
- Prepare cost analyses.
- Maintain updated records of invoices and contracts.
- Follow up with suppliers, as needed, to confirm or change orders.
- Liaise with warehouse staff to ensure all products arrive in good condition.
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment.
- Self-development, initiative-taking.
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work.
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively.
- Creating synergy through self-control;
- Managing conflict;
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others.
- Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff.
- Informed and transparent decision making.
- Work experience as a Purchasing Assistant, Purchasing Officer or similar role.
- Good understanding of supply chain procedures.
- Hands-on experience with purchasing software.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
- Knowledge of market research.
- Solid organizational skills.
- BSc in Logistics, Business Administration or relevant field.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit their Cover Letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 20-Septemper-2020 (11:59 PM).
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Y-PEER Puntland is committed to achieving workforce diversity and inclusion in terms of gender. Y-PEER Puntland does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.